“52
Ancestors in 52 Weeks” Challenge
I once
heard Warren Bittner say that research wasn’t complete until you
had a done a sketch of your ancestor. I committed right then and
there to go back and complete a sketch for each ancestors in my
direct line. But like all good intentions in genealogy, I got
distracted and did not complete these sketches. When I saw that Amy
Johnson Crow was issuing another “52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks”
challenge, I signed up and decided it was about time to get busy and
do this.
I decided to start with my paternal grandfather - #3 in
my chart - and work my way down through my great grandparents. Then I
will reevaluate what I have done and where I want to go from there. My father’s family has been in the New
World since the early 1600s in both New England and New York while my
mother’s parents arrived from Belgium in 1900. So, I have a typical American ancestry with equal parts US and overseas research.
If you know something of these ancestors of mine, I would love to hear from you.
Here is my list of
upcoming sketches.
#3 - Daniel Webster
Baldwin
#4 -
Helena Gertrude Wynne
#5 - Peter Bernard Van De
Veire
#6 -
Elodie Dobbelaere
#7 - William Reuben
Baldwin
#8 -
Catherine Elizabeth Tweed
#9 - Abraham Wynne
#10 -
Catherine Maria Van Camp
#11 - Ivo Van De Veire
#12 -
Rosalia Francisca Du Four
#13 - Bruno Dobbelaere
#14 - Florence Cobert
No comments:
Post a Comment